‘POSSIBLE OR IMPOSSIBLE’ IN TEAM
- Draw up a list containing 10 random words. Each team copies this list as many times as there are teams. Example: In a game with 4 teams, each team will have 4 lists, so in total there will be 16 identical word lists. The game leader can draw up and hand out these lists beforehand.
- Make sure each team has their own table, and mark each table with a number.
- Have a timer ready.
Place 25 random tiles, in stacks of 5, on each table.
- Each team stands at a table and writes down the table number on one of their lists.
- Start the timer once the starting signal is given.
- At the starting signal, the teams may spread out and look at the tiles on their table.
- As a team, check which of the 10 words can be formed using the central tiles.
- Either the front or back side of each tile can be used.
- Each team places a plus-sign (+) next to each word that can be formed, and a minus sign( -) next to any words that cannot be formed.
- The first team to mark each of the words, holds their paper up in the air and calls out ‘Stop’. Their time is noted down. They can no longer write anything down, but the other teams can continue working on their list.
- Once all teams have finished marking their list of words, each of the lists is collected. Check that each of them noted down the correct table number. Write down the team’s time on their list.
- The teams again place their tiles in stacks of 5 and move on to the next table.
- Repeat the game until all the teams have passed by each table.
- First add up each team’s times. Together, check whether each word was marked correctly. Per incorrect answer, a team receives 15 penalty seconds.
- Add more or fewer words to the lists.
- Place more or fewer letter tiles in the middle of the table.